Friday, May 18, 2012

Grace & Witherbloom - The Comic Strip!?!

Well, here it is! I promised you this way back when in the non-spoilery series of blogs I did on the origins of Grace & Witherbloom. Now, I think enough time has passed from the release of the stories to show this to the world.

For those of you who did not read the other blogs, let me quickly explain. G&W was originally created as a web comic. I submitted it to the now defunct Zuda Comics and it was summarily rejected. You had to tell the start of the story in 8 pages. That is what you'll see here and that's all that exists! There are quite a few differences between this initial comic and the eventual book:

1. Helen is not a kid!
2. She has a young niece called Kathy!
3. The story takes place in modern times!

And a few other things not worthy of exclamation points or numbering. :) The basic plot was slightly similar to what became the Village That Sleeps, although there were significant changes to the locale and the nature of the main threat.

Anyway, enjoy and I'd love to hear what you think of this very different vision. I much prefer what I ended up with in the books, I must confess. Also, please remember this was created over five years ago. So some of the writing isn't indicative of what I do today. :)

The full comic can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment