Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Book 1 is Locked... and a bit of Art.

Book 1 is "locked." This is my fancy way of telling myself to quite reading it over and over and move on to other things! So yes, it's all ready to go. So why not release it tomorrow? Well, I have one more thing to attend to before then. That thing would be the book trailer. My voice artist sent a first go and it was very good. I gave some notes and am awaiting the next round of takes. I'm very excited to see how it turns out! Once that is completed to my satisfaction I can add the music and do some mixing. I still have to put the visuals together for the trailer. I've got solid ideas on what I want that to be, it's just a matter of waiting to see how the timing on the sound works out before putting it together.

And with that... all will be set! Amazing.

The plan is to launch the website officially along with the trailer very early in February. Then the reveal of the first book's title and synopsis will follow about a week later, followed by the book itself a week or so after that! And then it's all officially on.

In the meantime, I thought it'd be fun to share a "mood" drawing I did shortly before writing the book. One day I'll go into detail about the genesis of Grace & Witherbloom. But the basic idea has been percolating in one form or another since the end of 2007! Before I started to write the actual book in October of 2008, however, I wanted to get a quick visual down to get into the mood I was trying to evoke with my words. In fact, you could interpret this scene as taking place mere moments before we first meet Josiah Witherbloom and his niece Helen Grace...

1 comment:

  1. It's the art I fell in love with!! <3 I adore Helen in red.

    ReplyDelete