Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Finale...

It's coming. Just a couple more days. Right now I'm doing one last little read through. Just to fine tune here and there if needed, and hopefully catch any dumb mistakes that somehow slipped through the copy editing process. It's strange to think that in just a couple more days, all seven novellas will have been released. I have to say, I'm really pleased with how the final book, The Forgotten Fair, has turned out. It's always annoying when you read a story (or, in this case, a series of stories) and in the end it kind of peters out. But I think you'll be happy. I hope you'll be happy! But at this point all I can do is make it as exciting and interesting as I can and hope you'll agree.

It's interesting, because the end of the series was pretty firm in my mind by the time I'd finished The Girl Who Died Backwards. Not the exact details, but the general gist of it was definitely there. The reason I trailed off on the last "Origin" blog is that I do plan to pick the story up in further blogs that will go behind the scenes of each book. So I can elaborate there. But for now I'll just say that as much as the ending reflects my original plans, it's interesting to me to see all the depth and characters and details in their final form. There are characters here that I never planned when I started. People do things I didn't expect they'd do, especially as I was starting the first novella.

But perhaps the most surprising thing is how personal the book has become for me. My main goal in all of this was to write an exciting, fun and interesting series of novellas. But I enjoy entertainment that has some meat on its bones. And the thoughts that are constantly swirling through my head have certainly seeped into the book. And, in that way, it's become quite personal and meaningful to me. I don't know if it will be for you. It's sufficient for my purposes that you are entertained and satisfied by the ending.

Not long now. And remember...

Change Is A Matter of Time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment